Are you planning a road trip in your electric vehicle? With these 10 short steps, you may save money, reduce your carbon footprint, and make your trip safer.
Do you think you already know the majority of these pointers? You could – or you could not. In any case, a pre-trip refresher can’t harm, right? (I have a habit of forgetting to check my tyre pressure.) (After all, who doesn’t?) It’s a recipe for road trip success to go over this short and quick refresher tip list before you leave for the holidays:
10 Tips For Making The Best Of Your Electric Vehicle
- To extend the life of your battery, charge it to a maximum of 80% capacity.
- If you’re going on a lengthy trip, charge your battery to 100 percent, but remember to turn it back down to 80 percent when you return home.
- Your battery is at its healthiest when it is charged between 30 and 80 percent.
- High currents and temperatures are used while supercharging, putting a load on your battery. It’s not a big deal if you supercharge many times a week, but try to do it just when necessary.
- Charging the last 20% of your electric vehicle’s battery could take almost as long as charging the first 80%.
- Even if you know where you’re going, it’s more efficient to use the navigation system in a Tesla. As you approach the Supercharger, your car will be able to ready itself for charging.
- When you’re not using your roof rack or rear rack, remove them because they add resistance and reduce your driving range.
- Use regenerative braking to decelerate as much as possible, as this will reduce your energy use.
- When you use your EV’s eco mode, your accelerations will be milder, which will save battery life.
- Tires that aren’t properly inflated can use more energy and drain your battery.
If you want to fulfil your data nerdiness while also making your trip more efficient, download the free EEVEE Driver app (available for Android and iOS), which logs charging data and lets EV owners keep track of their charging sessions and expenditures. It is compatible with Tesla, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Mini, and Ford vehicles.So these are the 10 Tips For Making The Best Of Your Electric Vehicle,use the tips for making perfect.